DIRECTIONS: “Create a Pivot Table”
Create a pivot table so that you can analyze data quickly in a spreadsheet without creating formulas.
- Learn the new terminology used in Pivot Tables. (Search by Keyword: pivot table)
- Watch Microsoft’s “first time” tutorial to see how the new terms apply and how a pivot table is created. In EXCEL: go to File, New, “Make Your First Pivot Table” (Search Keyword: pivot table)
- Identify the spreadsheet with the data you want to analyze. (Search Keyword: pivot table)
- Create a list of questions you want answered about your data. Write down a list to get started. (Search Keyword: pivot table)
- Open the spreadsheet with the data you want to analyze. Make sure each column has a header and that the data is clean and complete so that your analysis is accurate. (Watch Excel: Make Your First Pivot Table)
- Create a pivot table. Within your open spreadsheet, choose Insert, Pivot Table or Recommended PivotTables. You’ll find it in a separate worksheet within your workbook. (Watch Excel: Make Your First Pivot Table)
- Trivia Challenge. Go to THIS LINK to see how many trivia points you get. You’ll know the answers from reading the article above and watching the Microsoft tutorial.