We Are Raising Leaders
“50 Article Challenge”
What is “We Are Raising Leaders, 50 Article Challenge Tech-Training”?
Raising Leaders Tech-Training Service is a program that brings students of all ages together with community members who want non-techie computer training to better their lives.
Who Can Participate?
What Do We Do?
We provide tech-training to people who need it so that they can feel empowered, independent and skilled. As a result, they get better jobs and exhibit the self-confidence they need to thrive in today’s hi-tech world.
We do this by partnering students of all ages with seniors, individuals who are trying to get into the work world, and veterans who need computer skills.
We provide a program that helps these young men and women develop their communication and leadership skills while giving back to their community.
How Does It Work?
When a student joins the program, they start off with a white shirt. For every 10 sessions they hold, they get a new color shirt. So, once they have completed 10, they get an orange shirt; holding 20 sessions earns a green shirt; 30 sessions – a blue shirt; 40 sessions – a red shirt, and 50 sessions – a black shirt (much like a black belt in karate). Once they reach 50, they receive a Chromebook.
To Students Worldwide
We challenge you to teach 50 Tech-Talk Articles FREE for willing seniors, aspiring men and women who want better jobs, and re-engaging veterans … anyone in need of tech-training in your town. If you accept this challenge, all you need to do is send us a photo of you holding a sign saying “I accept the 50 Article Challenge”, and in return, we’ll send you your white Raising Leaders t-shirt along with access to materials to get you started. For every 10 sessions you hold, you will get a new color shirt.
• Once you hold 10 sessions you get an orange shirt
• 20 sessions earn a green shirt
• 30 sessions earn a blue shirt
• 40 sessions earn a red shirt
• 50 sessions earn a black shirt.
Once you reach 50 sessions, we will come visit you, teach a few sessions with you, and give you different color Raising Leaders Tech-Training shirts. We will also give you a brand new Chromebook! Let’s make a difference together by teaching one person at a time! The challenge is for students of all ages.
- Send us a picture of you holding a sign saying “I accept the 50 Article Challenge”
- You will then be sent your white shirt and access to the materials to use.
- Send us confirmation of the sessions held with the forms you receive.
- Every time you hold 10 sessions, you will receive a new shirt, highlighting your experience and commitment to helping others.
- What counts as an “article”? One teaching session (30 minutes or longer, using at least one article in Tech-Talk) is equal to one tech-session.
- If we use more than one article in a session, does that count for multiple sessions? An “article” for this challenge is a teaching session. It is not measured by the number of topics learned.
Fill out the form below!
Send in the picture of the student to get started.
Sign Up To Learn Yourself or Refer Someone Who Wants Training
Complete this form if you are the person requesting Tech-Training:
Use this form if you are referring someone in need of Tech-Training: