Give Busy Professionals and Aspiring Students
The Competitive Edge for Better Jobs, with
Technology Training Articles and Videos
New, Proprietary Content Written Each Week by
Top Experts with 57 Yrs Combined Expertise
(Includes Email Publication & Mobile App)
Available for Students, Faculty, Staff … and Alumni, Patrons!
- You can give access to students, faculty/staff and alumni
- Your library and institution name are ever-present online
- A one-click login when on campus (no password required)
- 867+ Technology Articles
- 192+ Technology Videos
- 234+ Oral and Written Communication Tips
Also for Students, Faculty, Staff … Alumni & Patrons
- Students, faculty/staff and alumni can download
- Your organization’s name is present in the login
- We provide engagement incentives and support
- You can provide it to your faculty, staff and students
- You can email it to alumni and backers
- You can have this co-brand for an additional fee
What Do You Get With A Tech-Talk Database License?
From Google to Microsoft, Learn Better Ways of Using Technology and Communicating!
Tech-Talk is a premier collection of articles and videos, written each week by top training experts for busy professionals and aspiring students. It helps people stay up-to-date in using technology and become better communicators in the workplace.
It’s delivered in three ways, covering the topics below (and more)…
“One the Tech-Talks I reviewed would appeal to a majority of students in this day and age. This is the one on media and safe sources for background music. With a lot of individuals making YouTube videos, this is very useful because it helps prevent copyright issues and avoid problems.”
~ A University Student Review
Support Career Excellence for STUDENTS and PATRONS, So They’re Prepared for the Best Jobs Available
- Up-to-date, accurate and complete answers you can trust vs. a random internet search.
- Top ideas on the two most important work skills employers want: Microsoft Office and how to communicate (oral / written).
- Continual use through mobile app notifications and enticing engagement activities.
“What I liked, and learned most, from Tech-Talk this month was the importance and proper use of graphics. Nowadays a lot of students use graphics knowingly and unknowingly! A fun fact I learned was the correct pronunciation of the word ‘GIF’! I was saying it wrong the whole time. I think a lot of students share my lack of knowledge and will be excited to learn about graphics.”
~ Randi, a Warner University Student
Foster and Stronger Relationship Between PATRONS or ALUMNI and the Organization, So You’ll Be Top Of Mind with their Generosity and Support
- Practical, work-related information to support growth within their chosen fields.
- Staying current and relevant in technology helps them secure better jobs and faster promotions.
- Being reminded weekly through mobile app messaging keeps your institution top-of-mind in a positive way.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tech-Talk and Lynda.com are complementary products. Lynda.com offers a vast array of courses on all types of topics for individuals looking for training. Tech-Talk, on the other hand, pushes out micro-training on a singular topic each week to introduce ideas which most folks did not know existed.
- This new and freshly-written material feeds our specialized, up-to-date database of 867+articles and videos, helping individuals be more effective in the workplace.
- Our corresponding mobile app gets more people engaged and allows immediate access to solve workforce challenges.
Tech-Talk pricing is pleasingly different as well. We want Tech-Talk to be a household name in the workplace … and a client forever … so the cost reflects that. In this initial phase of roll-out for the Database Package, we work with you individually to find a price that slips easily into your budget so that hardly even notice it.
The Tech-Talk Mobile App will be available for all three types of devices: Apple iPhones, Android Smartphones and Tablets.
Every week a new and current article is written (in-house) on a unique topic. There are no duplicates. Occasionally there will be an article that adds more detail to a previous one or shows another slant for using a particular feature. When that occurs we refer the reader to the companion article as well.
Yes, these workplace skills (technology and communications) are available to your organization’s students, alumni and patrons for as long as the Tech-Talk license is active. People can log into the Database from any online location or look it up on their Mobile App.
We work closely with each institution to ensure authentication meets your requirements. We also provide you with an auto-login link that you use throughout your website so that users click just once to discover this gift you’ve offered. We also make it easy for students, alumni and patrons to login from wherever they are online.
As a Publication-first subscriber…
… with weekly, emailed articles sent to a specific number of individuals on a list, use the General Tech-Talk login to the Database.
- Click on Member Login
- Use the subscribing organization’s username and password
As a Database-first subscriber (with Co-Branded Login)…
… giving 24 x 7 x 365 access to everyone in the subscribing organization’s world (students, patrons, alumni, faculty, staff), use your unique, Co-Branded Tech-Talk login.
1. ON-SITE (Click on your organization’s unique link, no login required)
http://www.tech-talk.com/login/xxxxxxxxx (put subscribing organization’s code here)
2. OFF-SITE (At work, home, other locations)
http://www.tech-talk.com/login/xxxxxxxxx (put subscribing organization’s code here).
Username: (insert yours here)
Password: (insert yours here)
Yes, we can provide MARC records for adding each individual article to your catalog.
Tech-Talk is an inspirational, educational and motivational learning resource about technology and communications for non-techies. It’s designed to help everyone at work feel like a hero.
It features three components.
1. Tech-Talk Publication … articles written in-house on: 1) a variety of technology topics (Microsoft, Google, Internet …. Graphics, Video, Social Media, etc.) and 2) communication tips (talking, writing, presenting and more). The publication is sent out weekly to subscribing organizations, who then forward it to their respective list(s) of members, users and subscribers.
How do you get the publication? If you want the Tech-Talk newsletter, make sure you’re on the subscribing organization’s list.
2. Tech-Talk Database … 967+ technology and communication posts, sorted by category and skill level, available 24 x 7 x 365 to answer problems and suggest innovative solutions. The database is dynamic with the new publication articles added each week, along with maintaining a constant vigilance to ensure every item is up-to-date and current.
How do you get access to the database? Go to Tech-Talk.com. Click on Member Login. Use the Subscribing Organization’s username and password.
3. Tech-Talk Mobile App … Every user of a subscribing organization can download the mobile app and have this handy content at their finger tips throughout the day. It’s provided as part of the subscription. Both Android and Apple platforms are supported. The app is available for smartphones and tablets.
How do you get the mobile app? Find Tech-Talk in the App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android Marketplace). You will have a one-time login required. Use the subscribing organization’s username and password.
TIP: There are NO individual user accounts … each subscribing organization has ONE username / password for everyone to use.
“My favorite Tech-Talk so far is “Make Your Key Message POP”. I like to play around with text and photos in PowerPoint a lot and I felt I’ve gotten everything I could from it, but I didn’t know I could do things like that! It’s a fun way to keep my presentation clean and still catch an eye.”
~ Brooke Ann, a University Student
Make it Easy for FACULTY and TRAINERS with Ready-Made Support Material for Both Technology and Communication Learning
- Reliable and accurate content not found anywhere else, making courses engaging.
- Fully complete training … easy to understand and apply in life and at work.
- Eye-opening ideas and techniques for helping students become confident and self-reliant.
“In the communications tip on ‘How Can I Make You Smile’, the emphasis was on positive communications and the effect that it could have. This is very relevant, especially in the college environment where you are running into people every day.”
~ A University Student Review
How Much Does a Tech-Talk Database License Cost?
“I believe the Tech-Talk that was the most helpful to me so far is ‘To Keep Special Fonts In Place’ and I say that because I have witnessed on numerous occasions, people struggle with not being able to keep the font they originally used, including myself.”
~ A University Student Review
What subscribers are saying…
“Awesome – it worked! You have saved me many moments of frustration!!"
Barb Rathmell (City of Fernandina Beach, Florida)
“We really love your service and receive many compliments on the Tech-Talk tips!"
Karen Mitchell (Rochester, New York)
"Many thanks ... I spent hours of frustration trying to figure this out before this great article."
Munro Sherrill (Bradenton, Florida)
State Library Services
“Just want to let you know that these are really, really interesting and useful!”
Beth G. (Tallahassee, Florida)
“I look forward to the communications tips … they blow your mind."
R. Turner (Olean, New York)
"We get unsolicited, positive comments on Tech-Talk all the time."
Jeannette Smithee (Boca Raton, Florida)
"The same day I sent out a particular Tech-Talk tip, two of my staff told me they used it to assist patrons."
Cynthia Leigh Welch (Yazoo City, Mississippi)
State Library Services
"We can’t say enough about how useful Tech-Talk is to us!"
Amy Johnson (Tallahassee, Florida)
Library Resource Council
"Tech-Talk gets a higher open rate than our own newsletter."
Mary-Carol Lindbloom (Ithaca, NY)
School Support Services
"People with different degrees of experience can still walk away with something useful!"
Andrew Dutcher [Auburn, NY]
School Media Specialists
"We're very excited about how this helps us in our role as education leaders for our districts."
K. Doelger (Malone, NY)
"I really appreciate the thoroughness of these ... and the simple language, so you 'get it'."
Marnie L. [Corning, NY]
High School Library
"It's not just product knowledge, it's integrated into your work. That's what I like about it!"
Nancy G. [Cobleskill, NY]
“It’s like a little Christmas present in your email every week.”
Michele P. (Buffalo, New York)
"Because I have repeated "OOH!" and "Ah-ha" moments with Tech-Talk, I realize I'm not as advanced as I'd like."
Grace Roddenbach [Sarasota, Fl]
"I always learn something from reading it. I especially liked this week’s Communications (Ask for “One”)"
Tracey Sweet [St. Petersburg]
“Your Tech-Talks are going wild. We're getting great feedback on them!”
Luly Castro (Ft. Myers, Florida)
"These communications tips are important in developing management skills."
D. Arriolat [Ada County]
District School System
“In the grand scheme of things, it's a pretty inexpensive way to meet our district's needs.”
Donna Morris (Rochester, New York)
New material is added each week. You’ll see the announcement in the app.